Job DescriptionCanada - Ontario, Kincardine
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centrepiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being refurbished by Bruce Power through the MCR program. The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labour. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022.
**PURPOSE OF THE POSITION**
Under the general direction of the Area Manager, the Series Lead will assist in the planning, documentation preparation, coordination, and scheduling of activities within their assigned series of work. The Series Lead represents the primary interface across all project functions for their assigned series.
**ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
* Responsible for development and management of detailed plans to implement select series’ of work within the FCFR, including the schedule, materials planning, logistic planning, and development of all documentation (procedures, work packages etc) required to implement the work
* Coordinate with all required project (internal and external) resources to develop execution planning deliverables, including: construction supervision, technical staff, engineering, quality control, safety, human performance, sub-contractors, client stakeholders, etc.
* Responsible for providing updates on key metrics related to assigned Series, including schedule, Quality, Safety, issues, and risks.
* Directly support the production training team in the development of training program, procedures, mock-up arrangements, and training implementation approach
* Directly support the implementation of training of work force alongside the training team
* Manage the “Series Readiness” process for assigned Series, including solicitation of acceptance from all appropriate stakeholders that readiness criteria have been achieved
* Maintain excellent relationships with client, engineers, consultants, subcontractors, colleagues, and public
* Responsible to ensure that all work is conducted in a safe manner in compliance with safety, quality, and human performance policies.
* Assist in developing recovery strategies when project schedule or budget are at risk
* Oversee and directly support work during execution phase, including monitoring for performance, provision of guidance to the field team, reporting to line management, leading problem-solving efforts, and development of adverse condition recovery plans
* Ensure project is constructed in compliance with drawings, specifications, Construction Work Packages (CWPs), Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs), and project schedule and budget
* Ensure the work is carried out in accordance with QA Programs and project quality guidelines
* Coordinate across all functions of the project as required to achieve Series goals
* Directly supervise team members within the Series Team
* Operation within a budget assigned by the Area Manager, including regular review of cost performance with Project Controls and Project Management team
* Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture agreement.
**EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT**
* Customers, suppliers, JV Partners
* Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
* Trades execution team – supervision and field execution team members
* Various work locations in both field and office
* Work inside the Nuclear facility, including within Zoned areas and Containment as necessary to plan and oversee the work,
* Travel as necessary
Level specific responsibilities:
* Provides overall management administration to project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies.
* Provides technical direction and guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, maintains close client interface, and ensures all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors.
* Position has significant profit/loss responsibility for assigned construction project.
+ BA/BS plus 4 years of relevant experience OR AA/AS (US) / Diploma-Certificate (Canada) plus 6 years of relevant experience OR HS diploma / GED plus 8 years of relevant experience
**KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS**
* Education to include undergraduate degree in Engineering or technical college diploma or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
* 5-10 years’ experience in project execution
* 2-5 years Project Management related experience
* Experience with coordinating/managing Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) work
* Ability to successfully coordinate a construction project
* Knowledge of all aspects of construction such as; technology, equipment, methods, trade agreements and jurisdiction, engineering, cost control, scheduling and safety requirements
* Good communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential
* High proficiency in standard computer programs
* Experience in preparation and delivery of project reports in writing and verbally, including presentation to various stakeholders
* Due to the nature of work conducted by Shoreline, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
* Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. _Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred._
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Construction Management
**Business Line** Power & Industrial
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 238470BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.