Job DescriptionCanada - Ontario, Kincardine
The Steam Generating Replacement Team (SGRT) is a Joint Venture comprised of Aecon, AECOM and Framatome. SGRT is responsible for the replacement of the Steam Generators in the Bruce Power Unit 6 Nuclear Power Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
The project, which is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064 and is a part of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program.
Work is scheduled to begin in 2019 with installation of the crane pad, then in 2020 perform insulation removal and metrology of the existing steam generators and ultimately replacement in 2021.
**PURPOSE OF THE POSITION**
The Quality Inspector is responsible for the performance of all quality functions and duties as related to the construction activities performed under Aecon’s QA Program. The position reports directly QC Supervisor and indirectly to the Project QC Manager.
**ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
* Participate with the execution of Construction Inspection and Test Plans (CITP’s).
* Perform incoming quality inspection of items (material, components, engineered equipment & tools, small tools, consumables, etc.) procured by Aecon or Free Issued by the Customer in accordance procedures or work instruction specified within Aecon project specific CITP’s.
Physical inspections shall include, but not be limited to:
* Dimensional inspection
* Visual inspection
* Positive material identification
Documentation review shall include, but not be limited to:
* Review of History Dockets / History Files
* Review of Certified Material Reports
* Review of Partial Data Reports
* Complete all associated quality documentation and forms for specific inspections.
* Participate in the development and maintenance of a material tracking system.
* Issue of Non-conformance reports, and participation of their closure.
* Fiscal responsibility as required
**EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT**
* Customers, suppliers
* Project Management, project personnel, procurement personnel, quality supervision
* Trades personnel, union business agents
* Various work locations within the field with limited occurrences within the project office
* Travel as necessary. Typically, short distances.
Level specific responsibilities:
* Under minimal direction, relies on extensive experience and independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Responsible for setting own project deadlines.
* Provides on the job training to new employees.
* Responsible for monitoring conformance to quality, performance, specifications, and/or code requirements by performing inspection duties.
* Performs daily field inspections and maintains inspection records.
* Participates in punch lists, testing, and commissioning.
* Tracks quality assurance progress.
* Provides input to documentation for area and equipment turnovers.
+ HS diploma or GED plus 8 years of relevant experience OR AA/AS/Diploma-Certificate plus 6 years of relevant experience
**KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS**
* Graduate secondary school education in a technology program, QA/QC or a related discipline at the University or College level.
* W178 Level 2 Visual Weld inspection. (preferred)
* Good communication and organizational skills.
* Computer literate in MS Office.
* CSA N285.0, CSA N299.1, ASME B&PV Code – Nuclear & Non-Nuclear, and CWB experience.
* Previous experience in receiving inspection and controls within a Nuclear Qualified Warehouse and Clean Room would be considered an asset.
Due to the nature of work conducted by Shoreline, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment. Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. _Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred._
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Quality Assurance / Quality Controls
**Business Line** Power & Industrial
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 237820BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.