Organisation Overview :
Nuvia is an international nuclear engineering, project management and services contractor. We operate across the complete nuclear facility lifecycle from new build, through operations and maintenance, to final decommissioning and waste management. Nuvia is the nuclear arm of VINCI, a global player in concessions and construction, employing more than 183,000 people in some 100 countries.
Nuvia has been contracted to provide radiation protection services to Bruce Power’s Major Component Replacement project. As part of its scope, Nuvia will train, supply, and manage a large team of Radiation Protection Technicians. RPTs provide radiation protection assistance for workers, monitor radiation levels in work areas, and provide direct technical support to work teams.
To support the needs of the project Nuvia recently opened a Training Centre and Project Office in Tiverton, Ontario. Nuvia is seeking a Project and Resource Manager who will have day-to-day responsibility for planning, executing, and delivering the services on time, within budget, and in accordance to specifications.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Develop short, medium, and long-term resource forecasts based on evolving client requirements
- Oversee project resourcing logistics such as security clearance, travel, and training
- Develop weekly RPT work schedules and ensure that all shifts have appropriate coverage
- Ensure assigned RPTs are suitably qualified and experienced as per the project requirements
- Update RPT work schedules based on emergent client requirements and resource availability
- Administrate the time recording system and ensure time records are accurately captured
- Compile and submit regular project time records to the client for approval and reconciliation
- Work with the project accountant to prepare client invoices
- Lead regular resource management meetings with stakeholders and facilitate resourcing conflict resolution
- Reallocate resources across multiple locations where necessary; identify and resolve any resource allocation discrepancies
- Monitor the day to day project activities and resourcing levels, identifying potential problems and risks, performing qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, and planning risk mitigation strategies; work with stakeholders to address and solve issues
- Conduct internal and external stakeholder meetings to maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects to ensure RPTs are available as needed
- Compile, analyse and report on resource utilization
- Establish and deliver mechanisms to produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports (status, escalations, etc.) on project progress, resource planning, staffing strategy and deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings
- Contribute to lessons-learned workshops to identify areas for improvement
- Develop and evolve procedures to continuously improve service delivery and project execution
- Post-secondary degree in a related field
- 7 years of direct work experience in project and/or resource management
- Project management certifications preferred
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization
- Resource management experience required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Assertive conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Benefits and Perks:
· Competitive Compensation Package
· Health Benefits
· Employee Share Purchase Plan
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com. Nuvia Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.