Description - External
Framatome, previously known as New NP (
Join the energy conversation with Framatome Inc. on Twitter: @FramatomeUS and Facebook: @FramatomeUS.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
Framatome Canada is part of the larger Installed Base (IB) organization within Framatome world-wide. The IB Unit
Framatome Canada provides the same highly technical products and services primarily to the Canadian designed CANDU nuclear reactors operating in several countries around the world.
The Engineering Department within Framatome Canada provides engineering services to both internal customers (
Framatome is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our office in Kincardine, Ontario.
- Supporting projects primarily for Bruce Power, but may be required to support projects for any Framatome clients.
- Performs routine and non-routine, to more complex engineering assignments typically in areas of design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, execution of field tasks and resolution of field problems.
- Visit client’s sites (for example to perform field walk downs and support installation activities).
- Adhere to applicable Framatome procedures and quality program.
- Work within
- Communicate and work closely with client stakeholders to ensure
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Framatome’s standards and effectiveness in the industry.
- May mentor more junior engineers within Framatome
- Solves a range of straightforward problems, analyzes solutions and assesses each using standard procedures.
- Receives assistance and instructions on unusual or more complex features and possible solutions, as needed.
- Ensures compliance with government, organization and customer engineering standards.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Builds knowledge of organization processes and customers.
- Works on special projects, as directed.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
Qualifications - External
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering plus
- Current Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario (PEng, PEO) required for Engineer III & IV.
- Some knowledge of engineering codes and standards related to the Canadian Nuclear Industry (more knowledge required for Engineer III & IV).
- Ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Demonstrated leadership (ability to mentor more junior engineers required for Engineer III & IV).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Knowledge and experience with the Engineering Change Control process of Bruce Power
- CANDU engineering and/or design experience.
TRAVEL: 5% Sporadic travel.
PLEASE APPLY TO THIS JOB DIRECTLY THROUGH THE FRAMATOME WEBSITE: www.framatome.com/careers
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration