Job DescriptionCanada - Ontario, Kincardine
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centerpiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program.
The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labor. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022.
To support the nuclear sector in Canada, Aecon maintains a nuclear quality management system compliant to the requirements of CSA Standards N286-05, CAN3-Z299.1 and N286.7. Additionally, Aecon maintains several CSA N285.0 Certificates of Authorization. Aecon’s N, NPT, NS & NA Stamps from the ASME, coupled with programmatic compliance to U.S. Federal Regulation 10CFR50 Appendix B, has extended Aecon’s reach to the U.S. and international nuclear markets.
**PURPOSE OF THE POSITION**
The Project Administrator (site) will report to the Construction Manager and will be responsible for the following:
**ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
* Performs administrative duties for job sites ensuring all documentation regarding timesheets, equipment usage and all personnel related allowances are transferred to Accounting daily or weekly as required
* Learns, interprets and applies organizational policies, rules and regulations
* Establishes accounts with local suppliers for miscellaneous items for site
* Establishes and dismantles site offices as required
* Maintains an organized filing system on site
* Requisition purchase orders and process AP invoices
* Perform and maintain daily documentation, filing and typing
* Maintain and organize document files
* Perform general clerical duties; photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing and couriers etc.
* Provide administrative support to various departments as needed. Such as assisting with client meetings, creating presentations and packages.
* Assist with client meetings
* Administers office and safety supplies, stationary
* Suggest and implement improved work methods and systems relating to administrative tasks
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
* Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture agreement.
**EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT**
* Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
* Customers, suppliers, JV Partners
* Trades personnel, union business agents
* Various work locations in both field and office
* Travel as necessary
Level specific responsibilities:
* Manages documents throughout all phases of a project.
* Maintains project directory.
* Maintains and files reproduced document originals, as well as revisions for easy retrieval.
* Develops project-specific filing structure and document control procedures, including implementing into required electronic document management systems (EDMS).
* Records and stores photographs.
* Under general supervision, performs general duties that are often routine and repetitive.
* Under general supervision, interacts with professional/technical staff to accomplish assigned objectives.
* Requires limited exercise of judgment.
* Receives guidance on new aspects of assignments.
+ High school diploma plus 2 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
**KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS**
* Possess 2 + years of office related experience with knowledge of purchasing, accounts payable and payroll. Basic accounting knowledge.
* Intermediate level of computer skills in MS Word and MS Excel
* Ability to work independently, accurate computer data input and record keeping
* Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and discretion with confidential information
* Team player, flexible and able to work well with site team members
* Multi-tasking and work within time constraints
* Punctual and dependable
* Strong communication skills, ability to deal tactfully with employees, visitors and customers
* Experience in the construction industry is an asset
* Experience with SAP is an asset
* Due to the nature of work conducted by Shoreline, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
* Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. _Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred._
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Administrative Support / Secretarial
**Business Line** Power & Industrial
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 235864BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.