Job DescriptionCanada - Ontario, Kincardine
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centerpiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program. The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labor. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022.
**PURPOSE OF THE POSITION**
The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Advisor reports to the Project Safety Manager, and is responsible to:
**ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
* Support project specific conventional safety and environmental management plans and procedures including; inspections, audits, observation and coaching, Worker Trades Committee and JHSC
* Train project staff in the requirements of conventional safety procedures;
* Track and report safety-related statistics, manage Return to Work, Modified duties cases at the field level;
* Additional detailed requirements as outlined in the Project Specific EHS and related programs
* Support Human Performance program activities
* Assist in development of JSA, High Hazard, Critical Lifting and Handling forms and audit same in the field.
* Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture agreement.
**EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT**
* Customers, suppliers, JV Partners
* Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
* Trades personnel, union business agents
* Various work locations in both field and office
* Travel as necessary
* Work in respirator and plastics
* Work at heights
* Due to the nature of work conducted by Shoreline, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
* Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred.
Level specific responsibilities:
* Under limited supervision, responsible for moderately complex technical work in a wide range of environmental, safety and health disciplines to achieve compliance with ES&H standards along with federal and state regulatory requirements.
* Maintains current knowledge of specific government agency requirements.
* Exhibits knowledge and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of their environmental specialty.
* Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions.
* Develops, implements and maintains safety and health programs, systems and procedures. Monitors and prevents hazards and diseases in the work area.
* Investigates accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards in the workplace.
* Recommends improvements in processes, design, procedures and operating equipment to minimize hazards.
* Develops and conducts employee training, emergency preparedness and assures the quality of programs.
* Provides regulatory interpretation and technical advice.
* May act as a lead role for a team of ES&H specialists and/or support personnel.
* May administer an ES&H program on a small or medium-sized project.
BA/BS plus 4 years of relevant experience OR AA/AS/Diploma/Certificate plus 6 years of relevant experience OR HS diploma / GED plus 8 years of relevant experience
**KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS**
* A designation such as CHSO or CRSP
* 5 years of senior experience in Health and Safety within the nuclear construction industry
* Relevant Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience in the Health and Safety field
* A Team Player that accepts and can manage change regularly
* Demonstrated Leadership abilities with strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage sub-contractor’s safety performance
* Emergency Planning and Hot Work Procedures
* Working in a union environment
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Safety / Health
**Business Line** Power & Industrial
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 237058BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.