Job DescriptionCanada - Ontario, Kincardine
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centerpiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program. The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labour. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022. Shoreline is a preferred supplier and has the potential for five similar projects on the remaining five reactors.
**PURPOSE OF THE POSITION**
Reporting to the Document Control Lead, the Document Control Administrator is responsible for the processing, issuing and/or reproduction and filing of engineering and construction documents to insure accuracy and timeliness.
**ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
* Setting up and maintaining project documentation within project filing requirements;
* Checking the quality of drawings and documents to be catalogued;
* Receiving, tracking and monitoring drawings and documentation;
* Interfacing with the project team to coordinate the control of documentation;
* Generating transmittals to send documentation to external parties through electronic or hard copy means;
* Checking the accuracy of transmittals;
* Expediting the review of internal and external documentation within engineering departments
* Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture
**EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT**
* Customers, suppliers, JV Partners
* Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
* Trades personnel, union business agents
* Various work locations in both field and office
* Travel as necessary
* Due to the nature of work conducted by Shoreline, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment.
Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred,
Level specific responsibilities:
* Works under limited supervision.
* May take on several components of a project.
* Provides direction for team members.
* Plans and manages implementation and integration of new technologies.
* Troubleshoots problems of medium complexity and recommends appropriate action.
* Project size could range from low to medium complexity.
* Provides document management and project controls support which includes the receipt, inventory, audit, tracking, storage, retrieval and distribution of both classified and unclassified electronic, paper and other media project data and documents according to company policy, and proper procedures for the projects.
* Manages the set up and maintenance of document control / records management for multiple projects and Project Managers.
* Ensures that all local practices and activities comply with company policies and procedures.
BA/BS plus 4 years of relevant experience OR AA/AS/Diploma/Certificate plus 6 years of relevant experience OR HS diploma / GED plus 8 years of relevant experience
**KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS**
* Five years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience;
* Basic knowledge of engineering terminology;
* Considerable experience working with and understanding drawings and documentation;
* Proficient in using Electronic Document Management Systems.
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Administrative Support / Secretarial
**Business Line** Power & Industrial
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 237060BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.