Job DescriptionCanada - Ontario, Kincardine
The Steam Generating Replacement Team (SGRT) is a Joint Venture comprised of Aecon, AECOM and Framatome. SGRT is responsible for the replacement of the Steam Generators in the Bruce Power Unit 6 Nuclear Power Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
The project, which is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064 and is a part of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program.
Work is scheduled to begin in 2019 with installation of the crane pad, then in 2020 perform insulation removal and metrology of the existing steam generators and ultimately replacement in 2021.
**PURPOSE OF THE POSITION**
Reporting to the SGRT Contracts Manager, the Commercial Contracts Coordinator is responsible for providing accurate and timely commercial advice, consistent with their education, training and experience, all in accordance with home companies’ and Joint Venture project requirements and policies.
**ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
* Team member with delegated responsibility for Contracts Management on the SGRT project
* Act as a point of contact to client for contractual matters when directed by Contracts Manager
* Liaise with and provide guidance on contract matters to project team members
* Assist project staff with the interpretation and practical application of contract documents
* Document significant events on project
* Assist in development and administration of contracts with Subcontractors to ensure that required and relevant terms and conditions are flowed down to Subcontractors
* Assist project staff with identification, documentation, notification and quantification of changes in the Work and claims
* Draft commercial letters to client and subcontractors
* Update change order and commercial action log
* Provide updates relating to contract changes and commercial correspondence to support weekly and monthly project report
* Assist in documenting and tracking all changes to commercial document templates and circulate to affected parties
* Monitor all aspects of contract compliance
* Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture agreement.
**EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT**
* Clients, suppliers, subcontractors, Joint Venture (JV) partners
* Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
* Trades execution team – supervision and field execution team members
* Various work locations in both field and office
* Travel as necessary
Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. _Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred._
* Responsible for assisting attorneys on complex or high-profile legal activities.
* Furnishes primary support for court proceedings.
* Independently prepares routine legal documents and reports under limited attorney supervision.
* Leads researchers on legal issues and administering law department activities.
* Responsibilities may include updating the company law library with current changes in legislation and for keeping management and staff informed on legislative developments and court actions that impact the company.
* Provides guidance to less experienced Paralegals.
+ BA/BS plus 2 years of relevant experience OR AA/AS/Diploma/Certificate plus 4 years of relevant experience OR HS diploma / GED plus 6 years of relevant experience
**KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS**
* Technical or legal post-secondary education
* Knowledge of construction project operations, policies and procedures
* Familiar with construction law, negotiating and drafting construction contracts
* Understanding of construction planning and scheduling
* Proven attention to detail
* Organization and strong time management skills
* Ability to work accurately under pressure
* Strong communication skills - oral and written
* Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities and proven ability to multi-task
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Commercial Management / Contract Management
**Business Line** Power & Industrial
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 236819BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.