Job DescriptionCanada - Ontario, Kincardine
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064. The project is the centrepiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program. The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labour.
**PURPOSE OF THE POSITION**
As an Area Manager (AM) you will have the overall responsibility for successful execution of defined segments of work within the project, including achieving our operational goals for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of Safety, Quality, Schedule, Cost. The primary responsibilities of the AM include: schedule development and maintenance, scope/change management, budget (hours and cost) management, organizational management (establish adequate resources to perform the work) and overall coordination of work groups (construction, safety, engineering, training, procurement, tooling, contracts management, project controls and key client stakeholders.
**ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
* Responsible for overall coordination of project work groups to ensure collective focus on execution goals, and tracking/completion of all actions and deliverables across all work groups. More specifically, the AM coordinates/ensures:
* Schedule is developed, maintained/updated, and regularly reviewed for accuracy
* Creation and implementation of Action/Recovery Plans to address any schedule performance issues
* Validation and monitoring of project metrics (Safety, Quality, Cost, Schedule) for assigned work segments
* Any resource constraints impacting planned work are identified and reported
* Adequate resources are assigned directly to the AM to assist with AM duties
* Any potential changes to Work are identified per the project change management procedure
* Working with construction team to ensure Responsible for producing/validating and maintaining a staffing plan, Manpower Loading Forecast (MFL) for assigned scope
* Ensure all required materials and services have been identified and ordered, as well as any material delivery risks identified and action/recovery plans assigned
* All project staff, trades, etc are fully trained for their tasks
* To accomplish the above, the AM will lead a functional team comprised of representatives from all departments across the project organization as applicable, including/not limited to:
* Series Lead(s)
* Tooling Management Team
* Project Controls
* Contract Management
* Quality Assurance/Quality Control
* Materials Management
* Health Physics/Alara
* Client Representatives
* Responsible for implementing the project readiness process for construction execution ex; Detailed Window Logic, Readiness Check Sheet Implementation, Report Card Status Reporting.
* Attends (or arranges representation for) and supports project planning meetings, including T-meetings, integration meetings, internal and customer reporting meetings, etc (as required)
* Responsible for coordination of prerequisite and execution task readiness in accordance to client and station reporting requirements – includes schedule and risk review meetings with construction management, supervision, engineering, quality, procurement and subcontractors to ensure logistics, execution strategy and schedule compliance are understood and achievable.
* Ensures outage readiness milestones are achieved and verified.
* Schedules and coordinate Readiness meetings with the full cross functional team as required.
* Prepares, populates and status’ readiness check sheets based on work window schedules.
* Ensures all open items related to work start readiness and work closeout are captured, assigned and prioritized based on schedule, ensuring stakeholders are held accountable for resolution.
* Responsible for ensuring configuration control with regard to readiness documentation including file storage on PDMC.
* Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management as needed.
* Responsible for adherence to all policies, standards, procedures including but not limited to Safety, Quality, Code of Conduct, Business Ethics
* Additional duties as delegated by the Construction Manager
**OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
* Supports the field team on shift as required (general guidance, schedule and priority management, adverse condition recovery, etc)
* Performs such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor/manager.
* Develop and write reports, business correspondence.
* Provide input to the Contract Manager for contract Changes (scope details, estimate details etc)
* Provide direct support to the Training Manager/Training team to ensure training plans and training execution are effective
* Directly supervise direct-reporting personnel
* Acting supervisor for personnel from other departments, should they be assigned to the portion of the project for which the AM is responsible
* Administration of succession plans and performance reviews
* Preparation of job description, roles and responsibilities for staff
* Ensure all employees are fully trained for the function they are expected to fulfill
Dependent on project size and type may supervise:
* Project Coordinator(s)
* Project Engineer(s)
* Tooling Technicians, Engineers, SMEs
* Jr. Project Coordinator, Jr.Readiness Coordinator or Engineering Co-Op Student
* Project Scheduler/Planner(s)
* Indirect reports from all project functions (QC, Engineering, Training, etc)
**FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY** as required/assigned by manager
**EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT**
* Other Shoreline Group Employees
* Joint Venture and Project partners
* Clients and Customers
* Venders and Subcontractors
* Various licensing agencies and regulatory authorities
* When on a construction site, may be subject to extreme noise and heat. May be expected to climb ladders or wear fall protection depending on job location
Level specific responsibilities:
* Provides overall management administration to project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies.
* Provides technical direction and guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, maintains close client interface, and ensures all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors.
* Position has significant profit/loss responsibility for assigned construction project.
+ BA/BS plus 6 years of relevant experience OR AA/AS (US) - Diploma/Certificate (Canada) plus 8 years of relevant experience OR HS diploma / GED plus 10 years of relevant experience.
**KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS**
* P. Eng and 4 year technical or business administration degree or equivalent. Alternate degrees/certifications in combination with applicable experience to be considered in lieu
* Minimum 5 years project management experience;
* Applied knowledge of nuclear project work, financial operations, project controls methods/standards, estimating and employee relations
* Direct experience related to large scale Fuel Channel and/or Feeder Replacement in a CANDU power plant
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent computer skills (typical MS suite programs)
* Due to the nature of work conducted by Shoreline, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
* Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. _Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred._
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Construction Management
**Business Line** Power & Industrial
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 238471BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.